5.13.2007

Clear and Present Danger

I had been so busy preparing myself for an eventual confrontation with Icy, that I didn't keep proper track of my surroundings. I didn't see the warning signs ... and once I did notice it was entirely too late.

A new danger has presented itself, one that eclipses that of Icy, and one that is much much closer to home (home being the Youth Hostel that I'm currently residing in).

Yesterday a bus full of 17-18 year old Hong Kong girls pulled up to the Youth Hostel. All happily wearing short short shorts, and giggling so much that they were frothing at the mouth. Irresistible. So anyway, being the sociable person that I am, I approached the group and said the few lines of Cantonese that I know, augmenting that with my more extensive knowledge of Mandarin, to the delight and wonderment of all present. I found out they are here to plant trees near the top of the mountain, very charitable.

Suitably impressed, we moved the party to the dining area of the youth hostel, which is very nice ... and sizeable. It was there that we cavorted until the wee hours of the morning, exchanging compliments and telling tales of life, love, and all the rest of it. Anyone who knows me now knows exactly where the danger lies. They thought I was handsome and charming and very intelligent ... because I can speak mandarin and some cantonese after all.

They've told me where their rooms are, and tonight is my last night in Hong Kong ... I don't know what will happen now, but I know at the very least eric will be relieved to know I won't be going to see Icy ... or will I? Now that I think about it I probably should ... thanks eric, you convinced me.

Watching a load of short shorted Hong Kong girls disembark from a bus, giggling and laughing and bouncing is the closest I will ever get to heaven by the way, so I'm enjoying it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I prefer your earlier works, you still rule.

Anonymous said...

my opinion isn't worthless.

-nate

Unknown said...

The people demand more blog posts.

Unknown said...

Don't let those Commies silence your voice.. post James!